Are you looking for an easy appetizer to serve for Thanksgiving or any holiday party? Do you have left-over fish from your trip on Searcher? Our friends over at FP Gourmet at the Market have just the appetizer for you. It is delicious and will be the hit of the meal or party. Take the opportunity to visit them in their new location near Old Town!
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1TBS FP Gourmet all purpose rub
- 2TBS chopped green onion (for garnish)
- 1 tsp horseradish (prepared)
- 1/4 pound (1/2 cup) smoked fish
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sour cream, FP Gourmet all purpose rub, and horseradish. Mix well.
- Remove the skin from the smoked fish, and crumble the fish with your fingers. Add to the bowl and mix.
- Let chill for at least 1 hour or overnight. Garnish with onions.
Today’s Tackle Tip Thursday is all about Father’s Day. We have a bonus Tackle Tip Thursday with Ocean to Galley this week. We have Tommy and Catalina Offshore Products who gives us an easy delicious meal for dad using frozen fish he had left over, or you have left over. Quick, easy and delicious. Plus you can use the fish that is taking up room in your freezer for the new season. Our crew approved.👍👍 Thank you so much Tommy and Catalina Offshore Products!
For more Tackle Tips click here to hook more!
Tommy says you can use Catalina Offshore products Catalina’s Choice solid packed tuna or your own jarred tuna or even steamed tuna. They all taste great. Tommy’s Portuguese Tuna Salad can be an appetizer with crackers and vegetables or an amazing tuna melt. It is all your choice and all delicious and worth a try.
- 6 oz can of Catalina’a choice Soild Pack Tuna in Olive Oil (don’t drain) or your own, you can also use steamed tuna as well.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (more to taste)
- 1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- In a bowl mix together tuna, vinegar, onion, bell pepper, capers and garlic and onion powders. Season with salt and pepper and additional olive oil to taste. Serve with crackers or vegetables, or use for sandwich filling. to make the BEST tuna melt ever, use a high quality sourdough and sliced Swiss or sharp white cheddar! Store salad in airtight container in refrigerator for up to a week.
- Adapted from Tommy’s original recipe which uses fresh steamed tuna.