Welcome to a new segment we are calling “Catching up with Anglers!”
We love to stay in touch with our Searcher family to share 🎣fish stories, recreate the excitement, swap tackle tips, reunite with old friends and maybe make new ones. We thought it would be fun to see how our anglers are holding up and share some of their stories. Hopefully they can give you ideas of things we can be doing with your time or help you feel better. Let’s catch an angler.
Today we have a special angler a long time Searcher family member. Plus he is a rep for Izorline and is always so willing to education and share his knowledge. We had to check in with him and see how he is doing.
Name: Howard Folmer
From: Gardena, CA
Day in the life during quarantine: Still working 6 or 7 days a week. It’s been a huge blessing to be support for essential services like Hospitals.
- Challenges during quarantine: Not liking wearing the masks. Not fishing.
Benefits of this tackle tip: LESS TRAFFIC!!
What’s on tv: I discovered Netflix just recently! Finished Orange is the New Black, Watching Lucifer, and several fishing shows like Chasing Monsters and Hardliners.
- New stuff you dig: Been experimenting with both tuna and beef jerky’s on the smoker. Killing it!
- Weird thing you’ve done: Tough question, there’s so many….(my friends call me How-weird for a reason)! Several hundred things come to mind, but here is one: I was once on stage, dressed in drag and NOT part of the cast!
- What’s in/must have in your tackle box: A few hooks, a few sinkers, LOTS OF JIGS!
Anything you have stocked up on: Jigs, fishing line, toilet paper, and sanitizing wipes!
Favorite fish dish: Beer battered Halibut and chips!
Motivation: Family and friends. Love makes life worth living, and I have more than I could have ever imagined!
Fish you are looking forward to catching: I really want an Opah and a Swordfish!
- Positives: Watching one Son work from Home….he is amazing at his job! (I never knew)